Bilingual Housing Outreach Coordinator
Erie Neighborhood House, a progressive social service agency serving the Chicago metropolitan area and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society, is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to oversee the Chicago Housing Authority’s (CHA) outreach and publicity campaign targeting the Latino community in Chicago and the City of Chicago’s initiative to provide housing resources and referrals. Reporting to the Director of Adult Programs, the Outreach Coordinator’s basic job functions are to oversee the day-to-day activities of program grants, to ensure contract goals are met, and to conduct community outreach and education in target community areas regarding CHA’s public housing programs and other housing resources and services.
- Oversee housing outreach planning and coordination to ensure contract goals are being met.
- Monitor progress and assess outcomes in consultation with the Director and program staff.
- Work with funders and partners to ensure consistency on messaging and communications strategy.
- Administer flyers, posters, brochures, etc. at outreach events to promote awareness about CHA programs and foreclosure prevention resources and assistance.
- Supervise program staff and interns; conduct evaluations and provide support and guidance as needed.
- Oversee program budget in compliance with agency guidelines and funder requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports to funders and Development department as required and assist with preparation of proposals.
- Plan monthly events and coordinate event publicity.
- Maintain relationships with media outlets to promote housing programs and services through print, TV, and social media.
- Collaborate with other Adult Programs and Erie departments on programming and agency-wide related events/activities.
- Handle walk-in and telephone client inquiries and follow up with clients interested in pursuing CHA programs/application and those seeking foreclosure prevention and housing services and information.
- Maintain and oversee client case management systems.
- Collaborate with other organizations and Erie partners on advocacy events.
- Participate in all funder meetings and training as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service related field required.
- Two to three years experience working in a social services or related field required.
- Proficiency in English and Cantonese language/bilingual required; Mandarin a plus.
- Presentation skills and effective communications skills required.
- Vehicle required.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and sensitivity to challenges of the Latino and immigrant communities.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evening hours and travel to off-site locations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; professionalism; ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher.
Erie Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accredited by NAEYC & National Afterschool Association; recognized by Board of Appeals (BIA)*
United Way Member