Bilingual Program Assistant
Erie Neighborhood House, a progressive social service agency serving the Chicago metropolitan area and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society, is seeking a Bilingual Program Assistant to provide direct support and assistance to the Outreach Coordinator employed by Erie House in Chicago’s Little Village location. The basic functions of this position are to support to the Outreach Coordinator to promote affordable housing options and housing resources and services to diverse populations.
- Provide clerical support to the Outreach Coordinator and assist with day-to-day activities to ensure funder goals are met
- Assist in distribution of flyers, posters, brochures, etc. at outreach events to promote awareness about CHA programs and housing resources and assistance.
- Make copies, scan documents, order supplies and ensure that office needs are being met.
- Translate flyers, pamphlets, brochures, etc. and other documents to Spanish.
- Handle walk-in and telephone client inquiries and book appointments for Outreach Coordinator.
- Follow up with clients interested in pursuing CHA programs/applications and those seeking housing services and information.
- Assist clients with obtaining necessary information and documents to qualify for CHA housing programs.
- Enter data into Salesforce database and assist with maintaining client case management systems as required by funders.
- Attend and assist Outreach Coordinator at publicity events, forums and meetings.
- Support with creating and maintaining community partnerships.
- Cover the Reception desk on an alternating schedule Friday’s 12:30pm-5pm.
- Lead and/or support with the facilitation of workshops in target community area(s).
- Assist all Erie House staff during trainings and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma minimum; Bachelor’s preferred
- Computer skills a plus (Windows, MS Office, etc.) but some training available
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish language required
- Effective communications skills
- Vehicle preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and sensitivity to challenges of the Latino, immigrant communities, and CHA residents
- Ability to work Saturdays and evening hours and travel to off-site locations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism
Erie Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accredited by NAEYC & National Afterschool Association; recognized by Board of Appeals (BIA)*
United Way Member