Community Intake Specialist
Erie Neighborhood House, a community-building agency empowering Chicago’s low-income and immigrant families, and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society is seeking a Community Intake Specialist. Proyecto Cuídate provides individual, group and family services to support, inform and educate the community on topics that strengthen the individual and family unit. It includes:
- Informative workshops and trainings in areas such as violence prevention, health & wellness, parenting skills, etc.,
- Supportive counseling and case management,
- School based and after school youth programming
- Conduct psycho-social intake assessments, case management support, and provide referrals to other supportive agencies as appropriate.
- Conduct home visits as needed.
- Create and maintain client files in accordance with program documentation requirements.
- Support program staff in inputting data entry in a timely manner.
- Support in groups and youth programming through accompaniment and facilitation as needed.
- Attend monthly department, all staff, funder and other required meetings.
- Cover Reception desk on an alternating schedule Fridays 12:30-5:00 pm.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Child Development, or related field preferred or currently in school obtaining such degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in direct service to the community, particularly youth and immigrant families.
- English/Spanish fluency.
- Familiarity with domestic violence, child abuse, emotional and mental health issues.
- Commitment to social justice and sensitivity to the assets and challenges of a diverse group of participants.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated, self-directed, creative, reliable and dependable.
- Exhibit sincere interest in working with youth, adults, and families.
- Completion of fingerprint background check.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, and travel to off-site locations.
- Superior communication, word processing, and management skills.
Erie Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accredited by NAEYC & National Afterschool Association; recognized by Board of Appeals (BIA)*
United Way Member