Proyecto Cuídate Assistant Manager
Erie Neighborhood House, a community-building agency empowering Chicago’s low-income and immigrant families, and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society is seeking an experienced, bilingual professional to serve as a Community Wellness Assistant Manager. Proyecto Cuídate provides individual, group and family services to support, inform and educate the community on topics that strengthen the individual and family unit. It includes:
- Informative workshops and trainings in areas such as violence prevention, health & wellness, parenting skills, etc.,
- Supportive counseling and case management,
- School based and after school youth programming
- Coordinates DCFS referrals, providing case management and services to families as needed.
- Responsible for data collection, program evaluation, and timely reporting.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates program groups, providing guidance, facilitation and support to staff as needed.
- Plans and coordinates community outreach and other recruitment activities through the development and maintenance of partnerships and collaborations in the community.
- Provides clinical supervision to staff and interns.
- Supports with managing tasks for graduate or undergraduate interns.
- Responsible for data collection, program evaluation and timely reporting.
- Works with Proyecto Cuidate Manager and development department on new initiatives and renewals of contracts.
- Conduct psycho-social assessments, therapy and follow-up services as needed.
- Supports staff with home visits and attends as necessary.
- Represent Erie Neighborhood House to the public and actively participant in community meetings and events as required.
- Attends monthly department, all staff, funder and other required meetings.
- Provide In House training to staff, interns, partnering agencies when needed
- Performs other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling required; at least 3 years’ experience in the social work or counseling field; LCSW or LCPC preferred
- At least two years of experience in a supervisory role and experience providing direct work.
- Familiarity with domestic violence, community violence, child abuse, mental health challenges
- Demonstrated working knowledge of DCFS
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with fluency in both English and Spanish
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility and ability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Commitment to social justice and sensitivity to the assets and challenges of a diverse group of participants.
Erie Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accredited by NAEYC & National Afterschool Association; recognized by Board of Appeals (BIA)*
United Way Member