Other Ways to Give
There are many ways you can help advance our work in the community that go beyond writing a check. Here are a few:
- Books for all ages but especially children
- Spanish/English dictionaries and picture dictionaries
- Gramatica de Ingles: Paso a Paso: 1,2, and 3
- Ventures Student Book and Workbook: Basis, 1,2,3 and 4
- Stand Out Basic-5 ESL
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Grammar In Use books
- BEST tests, CASAS tests, and TABE 11/12 answer booklets; test prep books for these tests
- AP English, Calculus, Chemistry, Biology, and World History Practice test book
- ACT and SAT practice test books
- Notebooks, index cards, protractors
- Pens, pencils markers, color pencils, sharpies & erasers
- Electronic pencil sharpeners
- Coloring books and sticker books (kids and adults)
- Portable standing white board
- White board markers and erasers
- Loose leaf paper (standard and college ruled)
- Color printer and construction paper
- Poster boards
- Large easel pads
- Virco 900 series 16 inch chairs
- Kids knives and plastic cutting boards
- Digital thermometer
- Rubbermaid tubs / containers (various sizes)
- Sound machines
- First-aid kits
- Legos, Barbie dolls w/clothes sets, toy trucks, etc.
- Basketballs, soccer balls, soft balls, bean bags, etc.
- Board games for all ages, decks of cards, playing cards, etc.
- Kitchen play sets
- Toy chest
- Walkie talkies
- Video game consoles and controllers
- Computers, laptops, tablets / e-readers
- Keyboards, mice, laptop stands, etc.
- Smart Boards
- TI-84 calculator
- TI- 30IIS calculator
- CD players
- Voice recording devices
- Flash drives
- Wall Clocks (battery operated)
- Office desks and chairs
- Meeting tables and chairs
- Samsonite folding chairs 49752
- Armchairs or similar comfortable seating
- Staplers, 3 hole punches, file folders, push tacks etc.
- Printer paper
- Batteries (AA and AAA)
- Cloudy adhesive for door windows
- Extension cords
- Wood chisel and screwdriver sets
- Performance gloves
- Gas blower backpack
- DeWalt gas pressure washer 4200 PSI
- 5 gal sprayer paint 5/8 horsepower
- Industrial vacuums
- Instant pop-up canopy 10x10
- Work bench
- Work tables
- Folding Work Table
- HDX 20ft 16 gage 13 amp 125v extension cords
- Side by side refrigerator
- Hobart dishwasher
- Stair climber system
- Floor cleaning machine
- Compound Pliers
- Medium Professional Multi-Purpose Respirators
- Black Thigh Support Stabilization Knee Pads
- 24” / 48” REDSTICK Magnetic Compact Box Level Set
- 8 in. x 10 in. Push Lock Pliers
- Double Speed Adjustable Wrench Set
You can set up your own fundraiser online, share with your network, and invite friends and family to join great work happening right here at Erie House.
Please contact Danny Collins (312-432-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to get started.
Donating stock and/or dividends is an excellent way to support Erie House and take advantage of tax benefits available to you.
Please contact Danny Collins (312-432-2237 or email@example.com) for assistance.
You can donate your used car, truck, van, SUV, boat, motorcycle, ATV, RV, trailer or airplane through CARS and Erie House will receive the proceeds.
By including Erie Neighborhood House in your planned giving, you can ensure a lasting legacy that sustains our award-winning educational programming and wraparound services far into the future.
Here are a few reasons to sit down with a financial planner to determine the right path for you to enjoy greater financial security while making a long-lasting impact:
Secure a Sustainable Household Income
There are 4 primary ways you can include Erie Neighborhood House in your planned giving:
A bequest allows you to allocate an exact amount or percentage of funds/assets to Erie Neighborhood House. Bequests made through a provision in your will or revocable trust is easy to arrange, will not affect your current lifestyle and can be easily modified to address your ever changing needs.
A donor-advised fund (or DAF) is a charitable investment account that provides a simple, flexible and tax-efficient way to manage charitable giving. When you set up a DAF, you contribute a set of funds to it and receive an immediate tax break. You can determine when grants from your fund will be made to Erie House and other charitable causes of your choice.
IRA Direct Gift
Seeing as how your retirement plan benefits make up a substantial portion of your net worth, they make a viable option to fund a charitable gift. With the IRA Charitable Rollover, donors age 70 ½ or older can transfer up to $100,000 annually from their IRA accounts directly to charity without first having to recognize the distribution as income.
Naming Erie Neighborhood House as a beneficiary of a trust, retirement plan (i.e. IRA, 401(k), Keogh, etc.) or insurance policy can be arranged easily and can provide current and future tax benefits.