Early Childhood Home Visiting Programs
We offer two home visiting programs that help you be sure your child reaches their full developmental potential while also supporting you through parenthood and reaching your personal goals.
For children ages 0–3
Healthy Families Illinois
Healthy Families Illinois (HFI), which follows the research-based Healthy Families America program model, is a free and voluntary home visiting program that helps new and expectant parents strengthen their families' functioning and reduce their risk for child abuse and/or neglect. The program is a prevention program that works to improve the safety of children while providing support to the family.
Home visitors help new moms and dads be better parents by teaching them:
- How babies grow and develop
- How to keep babies safe and healthy
- Good parenting skills
Parents also get help in setting and reaching goals for completing school and/or getting a job.
- Are free and voluntary
- Begin prenatally or before the baby turns 2-weeks-old and last until the baby turns 5-years-old
- Include home visits, routine screening, and assessments for child development
- Are for parents 25 years or younger
- Are for parents in the following zip codes: 60622, 60624, 60634, 60639, 60641, 60647, 60651
To participate in the HFI Program you must:
- Be expecting or have a newborn
- Be age 25 years or younger
- Live in one of the following zip codes: 60622, 60624, 60634, 60639, 60641, 60647, 60651
Early Head Start
Help your child reach their full developmental potential and reach your personal goals.
Our home visiting program provides:
- Weekly 90-minute visits in your home
- Fun, educational activities
- Twice-monthly socialization groups and field trips
- Bilingual services
- Support for parents in reaching your goals